We were born as a public relations agency in Worcester ten years ago and it remains one of the most powerful tools in our armoury. Well-planned PR is proven to gain engagement, resonate, shape opinions and drive action.
Your organisation’s reputation is its most valuable asset, so why wouldn’t you ensure it’s in safe hands?
Our experienced team has worked hard to build trusted relationships with local, sector and national journalists and industry influencers. We target the platforms and media channels that are most suited to our clients’ key audiences, whether they be traditional, digital or social media.
Our approach is always based on strategy, meaning we keep messaging and tone closely targeted towards key audiences and deliver high-quality coverage and impact time after time.
What we do
- Communications strategy
- Media relations
- Thought leadership
- Digital PR
- Crisis communications
- Content creation
See how Public Relations can transform your business
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We know from experience that PR is the Persuasion Business and the best PR companies are the best persuaders. We say this because you are required in public relations to convince an audience, inside your clients building or city, and outside your usual realm of influence. This is to promote an idea, purchase a product, support a client’s position, or recognise an accomplishment.
The Public Relations Society of America PRSA received a few thousand submissions for a definition of PR: “PR is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.”
PR people are storytellers. In fact here a Conteur we are storytellers more than anything else, whether it is with PR, video production, digital marketing or SEO. We create the narrative to advance our client’s agenda.
We use our PR skills to protect and build the reputations through traditional media, social media, or self-produced communications. A good PR practitioner will learn from and analyse the client, find the positive messages/ stories to tell and translate them to stories.
A Princeton Review states: “A public relations specialist is an image shaper. Their job is to generate positive publicity for their client and enhance their reputation … They keep the public informed about the activity of government agencies, explain policy, and manage political campaigns. Public relations people working for a company may handle consumer relations, or the relationship between parts of the company such as the managers and employees, or different branch offices.”
The tools we use at Conteur include the following:
- Write and distribute press releases
- Write pitches (less formal than press releases) about our client and send them directly to journalists
- Create and execute special events designed for public outreach and media relations
- Conduct market research on the firm or the firm’s messaging
- Writing and blogging for the web (internal or external sites)
- Crisis public relations strategies
- Social media promotions and responses to negative opinions online
A communications strategy is a plan that expresses the goals and methods of an individual, business or organization’s outreach with its communication. This can include what an organisation wants to share with the public and who the organization is trying to reach.
Media relations refers to relationships that a company or individual develops with journalists. Public relations role is to extend the relationships beyond the media to the general public. When talking about the media we refer to possibly thousands of magazine publications, newspapers, and TV and radio stations.
In PR thought leadership is guidance and insight to a subject based on research and knowledge of their position. A thought leader has a positive reputation of helping others with their knowledge and insight.
Positioning is the concept of associating and developing a mental position in the public consciousness about your brand and its products and services.
Digital PR is an online marketing strategy used by businesses to increase their online presence. Digital PR agencies network with journalists, bloggers and influencers and send online press releases to gain high-quality backlinks, social media mentions and improve their Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Crisis communication services have become very popular recently due to initial responses to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic. Crisis Communications is designed to protect and defend an individual, company, or organisation facing a public challenge to its reputation.
Content creation is the contribution of information to any media. It is most commonly used when referring to digital media for an end-user/audience in specific topics.
Public relations can and should make an important contribution in helping to form an organisation’s ideas about three topics:
- What it is?
- What it should do?
- What its public want and expect from it.
This includes creation and production of policies and procedures for the distribution of information to employees, media, government and other key publics.
We are highly skilled communicators, storytellers and passionate about helping our clients achieve a positive media reception. There are many ways in which we at Conteur use and develop our public relations skills for our client’s needs. Here are some key traits you can expect to experience and benefit from while working with us:
- Flexibility: As public relations specialists we know it requires us to adapt and react quickly to changing circumstances. For example, in one public relations campaign, our main responsibility may be to introduce a new product. In another, it may be to announce a shift in your business’s direction. We need to be flexible enough to be equally effective in both roles.
- Initiative: Self-motivation is an important aspect of our public relations work. Our specialist are able to analyse and produce quickly what is required to figure out how you can benefit you as our client, whether it involves learning about new communication strategies or doing industry research.
- Teamwork: As public relations professionals rarely we rarely work alone. In most cases, our specialists work as part of a team that may include researchers, marketers, designers, account managers, directors and others in similar roles. We pride ourselves in working well with others internally or externally in high-pressure situations in order to carry out the most effective campaign possible.
- Brand management: Our brand management is of the highest quality, proven to enhance the reputation of your business’s brand. We are adept at leveraging your brand’s strengths and able present them in a way that appeals to the public.